FOR THE PATENTED ULBRICHFUGE®JOINTING COMPOUND SYSTEM
Air cushion technology
Expansion joints in skimming floors for air cushion technology
Industrial flooring that is to be traversed by air cushion material handling devices must meet special functional requirements. These skimming floors require airtight joint construction.
- Building and expansion joints are permanently airtight due to the specially created composition of the Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system.
The Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system is excellent in this application for operating air cushion technology.
Heavy Mechanical Handling Sector
Building and expansion joints in the heavy mechanical handling sector
Heavy single loads occur in the heavy mechanical handling that have an effect on the joint construction. Broken joint edges can result from heavy loading. Transiting such damaged joints can make fork trucks sway or rather start to rock. The load being carried can be badly compromised.
- The Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system is permanently flexible and can withstand higher loads thanks to its construction.
- Avoids joint edge break out.
- The Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system levels, and thereby provides the trouble free transition of heavy loads.
- Building structure and materials are preserved.
For all logistics, haulage and transport companies
Single loads are not the most common application in the logistic and haulage sectors, rather the frequency of transitions and the type of equipment used (i.e. fork truck with small hard wheels) are responsible for wear and damage to joints.
As a result of damage to building and expansion joints, the transition speed over joints is significantly reduced. In addition higher maintenance costs to handling equipment arise in the areas of wheels, suspension and electronics.
Not to mention taking note of the human factor; every joint transit has an impact on wrist and back.
The application of the Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system in the areas of logistics and haulage offers the crucial advantages of:
- A high wear resistance against abrasion ensuring optimised ‘in-house’ operational procedures. Material handling equipment can be operated at optimum speed.
- Reduction in wear and tear saves in maintenance costs on handling equipment.
- Risk to employees health is accounted for in the terms of the BGHW (Employers' Liability [...] Insurance Association for the Retail and Goods Distribution Industry) human vibration regulations 2002/44/EG.
Multi-Storey Car Parks
Building and expansion joints in multi-storey car parks and on parking decks
Building joints represent a critical component in multi-storey car parks and on parking decks. Damp penetrates the floor construction due to leaky and unsealed joints. Extreme corrosion in the concrete reinforcement connected with de-icing salt entails considerable structural damage.
Dirt as well as rust particles are carried with run-off moisture through the joints, leading to soiling of vehicles and floor surfaces.
- The resulting impermeability is a particular advantage when applying Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system in multi-storey car parks and on parking decks as the prevention of liquid permeation also inhibits corrosion damage in the floor structures.
- Prevents heavy soiling due to corroded joint profiles.
In the pharmaceutical industry for sterile joints and transitions
Bacteria and germs are not tolerated in the laboratory and preparation areas of the pharmaceutical industry. Joints in the floor construction are particular vectors of germs and bacteria. Ensuring a pore deep cleansing is not possible due to recesses in the joints.
Installation of the Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system in a joint construction results in a homogenous level surface which allows for pore-deep cleansing. The cleaning performance here is as good as, if not better than that on the adjacent flooring.
Flooring joints in the chemical industry – resistance to acid and caustic solutions
Flooring joints in the chemical industry frequently have to be resistant to acid and caustic solutions. Conventional joint construction allows acid and caustic solutions to penetrate the joint construction, leading to an avoidable excess of liquid being present, which is not conducive for the joint construction or the local spatial conditions.
- The Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system has a material composition that ensures resistance to acid and caustic solutions.
- The Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system results in a flush flooring joint.
- It is easily and immediately visible to see if acid or caustic solutions have had an impact on flooring joints or not.
Building and expansion joints in clinics, hospitals and laboratories
Healthcare institutions will not tolerate any germs or bacteria. Joints in the floor construction are often vectors for germs and bacteria. The differences in height between circumjacent floors or building transitions make hygienic cleaning difficult.
Installation of the Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system results in a homogenous, flat and level surface. Cleaning of the joint areas is therefore equally as good as that to adjacent floors.
- A pore deep cleaning becomes possible in order to additionally achieve the hygiene demands of sensitive medical areas.
For the food industry and special hygiene standards
The food industry is subject to special hygiene standards. Germs and bacteria will not be tolerated. Everywhere that food preparation is undertaken floor joints are potential vectors for germs.
Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system makes an homogenous construction possible and allows for level building and expansion joints to adjacent floors. The cleaning performance here is as good as, if not better than that on the adjacent flooring.
- These level surfaces allow for pore-deep cleaning.
Internal and External Areas
The optimal refurbishment of building and expansion joints in internal and external areas, where conventional joints and joint profiles break down and fail
Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system is ideally suited to applications both internal and external due to the special joint construction and the specially developed elastic joint filling material. In particular, when creating permanently elasticated building joints for those transitions between buildings which are subject to greater movement, Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system becomes the optimum choice over traditional jointing profiles which would prove unsuitable.
Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system offers particular advantages amongst others the benefit of slip resistance, the high compensation of movement in both horizontal and vertical areas and not least its airtightness and imperviousness to caustic and acid solutions. The advantages of the Ulbrichfuge® jointing compound system over traditional joint and joint profiles are rounded up by its ease of cleaning characteristics.